Since 2019, alliantgroup has been partnering with the Houston Independent School District to sponsor the Elementary Science Teacher Award! This award was created to reward local teachers who are increasing student achievement and engagement through innovative lesson plans that emphasize the importance and intrigue of science.
alliantgroup CEO, Dhaval Jadav says, “It is so important to spotlight teachers that are making a positive impact on students and getting them excited about STEM. These teachers are creating a love of learning, interest in new experiences and the ability to apply knowledge in new ways.”
Houston ISD is the seventh largest school district in the nation, with one hundred and sixty elementary schools. Earlier this month, the HISD science curriculum department selected the finalists from an amazing pool of candidates. One finalist was chosen from each of the six Houston ISD regions.
OUR 2021 FINALISTS ARE:
- Ildemaro Gonzalez – Northline Elementary School
- Whitnee Boston – Gregory Lincoln Education Center
- Rebecca Munn – Shadowbriar Elementary School
- Mahrukh Naim – Paige Elementary School
- Andrea Jaime – Roosevelt Elementary School
- Sara Rodriguez – Shearn Elementary School
Five of the finalists will each receive a cash prize of $1,300 plus $500 for their classroom. The grand prize winner will be awarded a cash prize of $3,500 plus $500 to put toward improving their classroom!
“Teachers are key to opening doors to the scientific world – and showing students the possibilities in their future” – Jadav adds.
Our program also recognizes several teachers as Honorable Mentions. These teachers are doing great work in the classroom engaging their students and are on their way to becoming our next finalists!
OUR 2021 HONORABLE MENTIONS ARE:
- Guillermo Lacomba – R. P. Harris Elementary School
- Edlyn Enriquez – Pugh Elementary School
- Ronreance Thomas-Stewart – Petersen Elementary School
- Pratigyan Purohit – Benavidez Elementary School
We look forward to announcing our 2021 Elementary Science Teacher Award winner in early May 2021! Stay tuned!
The Blue Heart Fund was created by alliantgroup’s CEO—Dhaval Jadav—with the goal of giving back to our community and extending STEM-education opportunities to students across the nation.